Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Spiritual Comfort

I'm writing this so that I never forget this one.

I honestly still can't believe it "happened" to me but I find it very comforting. I am a very restless sleeper and have very horrible sleeping spells. I've gone through one lately but last night I slept so good. I'm not one to dream or if I do I never, ever remember them but something happened to me last night.

I woke up early this morning from a dream that I had. My dream/message/premonition (whatever you want to call it) was this:

I was crying as I was standing over Grandpa and it appeared as though I was in a hospital or someplace similar. I believe Grandpa had just passed and I was hugging him and sobbing profusely as I told him "good bye & I love you always". Just as I got the last word out of my mouth, I heard Grandpa. I was staring at him and didn't see his lips moving so I presume it was his spirit talking to me and he said, "what the hell are ya cryin' for?" (It sounded just like the time we were all at Grandpa's bedside before he passed and we (the family) were all crying and he piped up, "what the hell are ya cryin' for" - with that faint Brooklyn accent he had).


Now back to my dream.

After Grandpa asked me what I was crying for, I told him that I was sad because he left us and just as I was about to go on further he cut me off and said, "Don't worry, I'm OK and I'm in a better place". Immediately after that I woke wide awake with tears streaming down my face and I couldn't go back to sleep. Honestly, I didn't want to go back to sleep for fear I'd forget this moment.

I seriously couldn't get over what had just happened and I truly believe in my heart of hearts that Grandpa wanted me to tell my family that he's watching over us. I know we all knew that but I'm taking my "visit with Grandpa" last night [dream] as his personal confirmation.

No comments: