I'm a watch person. When I forget to put it on in the morning, my left wrist feels naked and I feel lost not knowing what time it is. When you stop to think about that, it's a little crazy considering there's clocks all around us these days - cell phones, computers, clocks in your car, etc.
Anyway, I bought this nice watch, oh I don't know, maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Nothing fancy - Citizen Eco Drive (means you never have to change a battery), two-tone watch with the date. But, I loved it and it suited my needs perfectly.
So I was playing tennis a couple of months ago at the tennis center and I accidentally wore my watch. I remembered taking it off and I thought I put it in one of the million pockets in my tennis bag. When I got home later that night, the watch was MIA. I tore my bag apart but to no avail. and then I briefly remembered getting a call on my cell and to get to the phone, I had to take my watch out - so I thought I might have left the watch on the bench.
After numerous phone calls and a couple of trips retracing my steps, I was forced to come to the reality that my irresponsibilitiness (not a word but just hang with me here), I lost my watch.
Fast forward two months Still no watch and I can't take it any longer. I march into Macy's determined to buy the same watch and get on with my life. Not so fast! They didn't have anything even close to the same model, or price for that matter but I had made my mind up. I was NOT going to leave without a watch on my wrist.
After lollygaggling around for 20 mins. I finally decide on one and promise to give Macy's my first born child and off I go, new silver with diamonds timepiece flashing on my wrist. I got in the car and had a two-sided conversation with myself. (Picture the cartoon where the angel/good conscience is on one shoulder, the devil/bad conscience on the other shoulder.) First, I was happy that I finally had a watch and yes, it was nice. Secondly, the price I just paid was insane AND it wasn't my old watch. Fast forward a month. Watch is good and it's grown on me more and more.
Then it happened - I played tennis this past weekend in the most ridiculous heat I've ever experienced. Stamp "IDIOT" on my forehead, I sure wanted to.
In between sets I was taking a brief water break and reached into a pocket in my tennis bag. I was fumbling around for my chapstick when I felt something weird. I pulled it out and lo and behold, it was MY OLD WATCH!
I couldn't believe it as I had torn that tennis bag apart on multiple occassions making sure I didn't put the watch in a different pocket back on that fateful day. So I got home tickled pink that I've found my old watch and told my parents the story. Yay, happy day and now I have TWO watches.
Then I moved this past weekend and I remember putting my NEW watch, the $$$ one, in my jewelry bag and putting the bag somewhere "safe", but where that place is, I just don't know. Everything is unpacked in my new place but this jewelry bag is mysteriously missing along with my new watch.
UGH! I guess I'm out with old, in with the new. In with the old, out with the new. I just can't win.
PS - If you happen to see a new, shiny silver Citizen Eco Drive with diamonds watch - um, yea...that's mine and I'd appreciate it's return.
I think the lesson here is to keep me away from any & all jewelry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment